Healing emotions with Essential Oils can repair unresolved emotions. I have long observed that many ailments seem to have the same root cause.
That being a combination of:
- Dysregulated body rhythms – such as irregular sleep and energy cycles
- Impaired digestion or leaky gut – which both compromises our intake of nutrients and minerals and disrupts our internal microbiome making it more susceptible to pathogens
- Toxic overload – from both internal pathogens and environmental factors, such as heavy metals
- Impaired Detoxification of both the body and the brain – allowing toxins to recirculate
- Stressful Trigger – any new stressor – an adverse reaction to a medication or vaccine, death in the family, divorce, or other trauma that suddenly triggers symptoms of ill emotional or physical health
Healing Emotions with Essential Oils
I truly believe that every modern ailment from mental challenges, like ADD/ADHD and sensory processing disorders, mood disorders such as anxiety and depression, chronic health conditions like auto immunity, Lyme Disease, autism or even cancer have the combination of these 5 health challenges at their core.
This is why healing these root issues often seems to make a powerful impact in even the most challenged patients.
That being said, I continued to wonder why symptoms appeared differently in each patient. Why would these underlying imbalances present as lupus in one client and chronic fatigue or Hashimoto’s in another? Yes, genetic predisposition likely played a role, but I knew there was another reason yet to be discovered.
Unresolved Emotions Make our Immune System Vulnerable
My answer came from the new draft chapter of my favorite practitioner, Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, who luckily for me has based the US extension of his worldwide practice in my area, Seattle, at the Sophia Health Institute. In discussing how the body processes heavy metals, he writes:
“When the body’s heavy metal burden exceeds its ability to detoxify, the toxins are drawn to areas where the immune system is weak. Unresolved psycho-emotional conflicts have a role here. Different acupuncture meridians/organ systems are vulnerable to different types of emotional disturbance. Unresolved grief is more likely to affect the lung, for example, and chronic anxiety or fear, the kidney, shame, the bladder, while pent up anger is associated with the liver. Thus the nature of the emotional issues determine the location of the immune system vulnerability.”
That short paragraph connected millions of dots for me. Of course! We all have different vulnerabilities in our immune system that present as different sets of symptoms or disease. But the ideas that unresolved emotional issues contribute to these vulnerabilities made even MORE sense.
I know from personal experience (and mounds of research) that unresolved emotional issues often lay at the cornerstone of health imbalances. My friend Keesha Ewers wrote a fabulous book on the subject – “Solving the Autoimmune Puzzle: The Woman’s Guide to Reclaiming Emotional Freedom and Vibrant Health” Within she shares fascinating research correlating auto immunity with unresolved childhood emotional trauma (along with some great techniques that you can use in combination with essential oils to help heal unresolved emotions. Which brings us to what might be your next question…
How do we Heal Unresolved Emotions?
Knowing that unresolved emotions play a key role in where we develop health imbalances within our body, and why we develop them. So how are we able to resolve or prevent these issues?
Fortunately, essential oils can play a key role in addressing and healing unresolved emotions. The sense of smell links directly to the amygdala in the Limbic Lobe of the brain, which stores and releases emotional trauma. Smell has a direct route to the limbic system, as it is physically located near the olfactory bulb, and often can mobilize long forgotten memories and emotions.
To support the gentle release of unresolved emotions, consider the following blends:
- Bladder Support™ – Releasing Trauma
- Calm™ – Reducing Anxiety
- Kidney Support™ – Releasing Fear
- Large Intestine Support™ – Surrendering Control
- Liver Support™ – Releasing Anger
- Lung Support™ – Supporting Release of Emotional Grief
- Small Intestine Support™ – Supporting Healthy Boundaries and Self Worth
- Spleen Support™ – Easing Worry
- Thyroid Support™ – Supporting Clear Expression
- UPLIFT™ – Alleviates Depression
These blends are designed to support the gentle release of emotions. Just as when we detoxify our livers, it is not enough to simply mobilize the toxins. We need to ensure that they leave our field and replenish the depleted organs with nourishing food and energy.
With that in mind, I have outlined a protocol that combines essential oils, affirmations, and tapping with fingers on specific Chinese acupuncture meridians associated with key organs (Available Here). This combination helps release and repair emotional blocks, diminishing the pattern of the negative emotions and thoughts and replacing them with more positive options. This helps to balance the nervous system and enhance and open our energetic field for optimal healing and vibrant health.
- Bladder Support™ available here
- Calm™ available here
- Kidney Support™ available here
- Large Intestine Support™ available here
- Liver Support™ available here
- Lung Support™ available here
- Small Intestine Support™ available here
- Spleen Support™ available here
- Thyroid Support™ available here
- UPLIFT™ available here