Your health depends not just on what you eat, but your ability to digest, absorb and assimilate your nutrients. If you are not properly digesting your food, you are likely not assimilating key nutrients that serve as building blocks to help you think, feel and move.
What’s more, if digestion is compromised, it can be challenging to assimilate remedies, like supplements or even pharmaceutical drugs, into your body through your digestive channel. This is one of the reasons you might continually test low for nutrients like vitamin D, vitamin B, zinc, or iron despite frequent supplementation. Healthy digestion releases sufficient stomach acid, which in turn plays a key role in helping you absorb and assimilate your vitamins and minerals from food and supplements.
Here’s the good news: Even if digestion is challenged, you can still assimilate healing remedies, like essential oils through your olfactory system and your skin. Topically applied essential oils can play a key supporting role in supporting healthy digestion.
Essential Oils for Digestion
To help determine the best oils to support your optimal digestion, please fill out the checklist below
Digestion begins in your brain. Signals from your brain, sent via your vagus nerve, turn on your digestive function and route blood flow to your organs of digestion, which turns on your digestive process:
- Your mouth releases saliva
- Your stomach produces HCL aci
- Your pancreas secretes enzymes
- Your gall bladder releases bile
- Your sphincters open and close contributing to motility, allowing nutrients and waste to move through the digestive system and be properly eliminated.
A poorly functioning brain does not stimulate your vagus nerve, and healthy digestion is not turned on, resulting in the following symptoms:
- Bloating or belching following a meal (especially meals high in meat and protein)
- Feeling excessively full after eating or like food sits like a rock in your stomach
- Gas after meals
- Undigested food in your stool
- Iron and B12 deficiency or chronic anemia despite supplementation
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Weak, peeling, or cracked fingernails
- Chronic infections or recurring parasites (Healthy stomach acid kills pathogens — like parasites, yeast, viruses and bacteria — preventing them from entering your body and causing infections)
- Multiple food allergies or food intolerances
If your answer yes to one or more above, you may benefit from Parasympathetic™ blend.
To support optimal brain function and enhance digestion, apply a small drop of Parasympathetic™ behind your mastoid bone before meals. When you apply it, take a few deep breaths, with the exhalation longer than the inhalation to fully relax and turn on digestion prior to meals.
You need a healthy gallbladder to digest fat. Your gallbladder stores, concentrates and releases the fat emulsifying fluid known as bile that breaks down the fat you eat so your body can absorb it. Fat assimilation is critical for numerous functions in the body, including the absorption of critical fat soluble minerals, like vitamins A, E, D and K.
This process only works well when bile is able to flow easily from your gallbladder to your small intestine. If your gallbladder is congested or inflamed and bile doesn’t easily flow into your intestines your fat isn’t properly broken down and absorbed. Supporting a healthy gallbladder helps to support healthy fat digestion.
Some indicators that your gallbladder needs support include:
- Dry skin and brittle hair
- Hormonal imbalances (fat helps synthesize new hormones and eliminate old hormones)
- Low levels of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K despite ample supplementation
- Gas, belching or bloating after meals
- Mild headaches over the eyes
- Greasy, smelly, light-colored and/or floating stools.
- Gallbladder pain (right side, under ribs), Pain between the shoulder blades or Gallstones
- Motion sickness
- Nausea or diarrhea after eating
If you answer yes to one or more above, you may benefit from Gall Bladder™ blend.
Apply Gall Bladder™ to the gallbladder, on the right side of the body under the bra under-wire or along and slightly under the right rib cage, before meals to help ease bile flow for optimal fat assimilation and absorption.
Your pancreas releases enzymes, or digestive juices,that help you break down and digest fats, carbohydrates, and proteins so you absorb and assimilate the nutrients in your food. Your pancreas also balances and supports healthy blood sugar levels and easily become overworked and fatigued, impacting both blood sugar and digestion and presenting as symptoms like:
- Gas or bloating after meals – When your gut bacteria ferment unabsorbed food they release hydrogen and methane, causing gas and bloating.
- Undigested food in stool
- Vitamin deficiencies, in iron, vitamin B12, folate, and calcium
- Loose, oily or smelly stools
- Diarrhea – If you can’t break down fats and other nutrients, those particles cause excess water to enter the colon, leading to watery stools.
- Abdominal pain (often in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen) – partially digested food can causes abdominal pain as it passes through your gut
- Night blindness or blurry vision
- Weight loss without a change in diet or exercise
- Frequent urination or extreme thirst
If you answer yes to one or more above, you may benefit from Pancreas™ blend.
Apply 2-3 drops of Pancreas™ on the fifth rib (2 down from where the bottom of your bra) on the left side of the body to help put the pancreas back in balance for optimal function.
Ready to get started? Click the links below to order today: