Did you ever start on a healing protocol or a detox and feel just terrible? Perhaps you noticed a headache, fatigue, joint pain, nausea or general discomfort? Part of the reason might be that you need to cleanse lymphatic system to avoid a congested lymphatic system.
Cleanse Lymphatic System
As you may know, your lymphatic system establishes the link between the smallest blood vessels – the capillaries – and the cells. As such, it helps remove toxins and infections and other waste from every cell in your body. It works as the body’s septic system, removing the by-products and wastes created from metabolizing our nutrients. Just like the drains in your home, the lymphatic system can get congested and stagnant and toxins can build up.
Why it’s Dangerous to Detox While Your Lymph System is Congested
You see, the lymphatic system aids the immune system in removing and destroying debris, dead blood cells, pathogens, toxins, excess fluid, and waste products from the cells and the interstitial spaces between the cells. It also absorbs fats and fat-soluble vitamins from the digestive system and delivers these nutrients, oxygen, hormones and other substances to the every cell of the body.
Unlike the cardiovascular system, the lymphatic system does not have its own central pump — it only moves as the muscles squeeze it along. So the lack of movement makes the lymphatic system stagnant, with waste accumulating and excessive toxins building up.
If the lymphatic system is not working correctly, elimination, detoxification and immunity may be affected, resulting in symptoms such as:
- Soreness and/or stiffness in the morning
- Fatigue or lack of mental clarity
- Bloating/Water Retention
- Dry or Itchy skin or a Mild Rash
- Congestion, stuffy head, sinus or periodontal infection
- Holding on to water/ Rings get tight on fingers
- Brain fog
- Cold or swollen hands and feet
- Weight gain, Bloating around the abdomen or Cellulite
- Swollen glands, including breast tenderness
Major Causes of Lymphatic Congestion
- Stress – stress-fighting hormones produce free radicals as waste products which are highly acidic, altering our cellular chemistry and leading to poor drainage of the lymphatic system.
- Digestive Imbalances – imbalanced gut flora can cause lymph congestion. A high concentration of lymph surrounds the gut and the quality of gut flora are critical for proper lymph flow, detoxification, assimilation and immunity.
- Sedentary Lifestyle – Lymph fluid is pumped through muscular contractions, so if you don’t move your body, the lymphatic system will also eventually become sedentary and will create toxicity in lymphatic-related tissues such as the breasts, skin, joints, and muscles.
- Iodine Deficiency — Iodine helps to mitigate the effects of a toxic environment and supports the lymph at the cellular level.
- Dehydration – Lymph is fluid and the body needs to be hydrated to keep it flowing.
- Imbalanced Diet – Over-consumption of proteins, and mucus-forming substances like milk, processed food or sugar will also burden your lymph system, causing it to become congested and stagnant.
How to Get your Lymph Moving
The top 3 ways to detoxify and cleanse your lymphatic system include:
- Dry Brushing
- Vibrant Blue Oils Body Balance Lymph™ Blend which can be used alone or in combination with other techniques to help increase circulation of fats and white blood cells within the lymphatic system for optimal delivery of nutrients to cells and removal of waste from the cells.
We recommend liberally applying 2- 3 drops each to sides of neck, lymph nodes under arms and around inguinal ligament (bikini line area – think where your leg creases when you lift it) for a week before beginning a detox or healing protocol to ensure optimal drainage and health.
Please feel free to share this email with anyone who might benefit from additional lymph drainage or continue the conversation on our Facebook Discussion Group.
Ready to get started? Click the link below to order today: